Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 35

Well transfer calls will be coming this Saturday! i can't wait to see what changes will happen. I am secretly hoping that sister Snyder and I will stay together. I love her. this is the first companionship that i have had where we have worked so hard at our relationship and I feel like that has blessed our work. there will be 7 new sister and 5 new elders coming in this transfer so we will see. many people think that I will train a new missionary. We will see . . . . 


Lisa and Gracie are doing well. We went to Sister Kinnard's house for dinner and Lisa, Gracie, Autumn, and her boyfriend came. It was great and the spirit was there. We watched Mountain of the Lord. I am very grateful to members who fellowship our investigators. It is a huge blessing. 


We had dinner with the Hervey Family. And they had a Book of Mormon party. They recently finished reading the book of Mormon together as a family. they had yellow paper plates (gold plates), blue jello with 8 grapes in it (the Jaredites traveling over the water in the 8 barges), fruit salad (Fruit of the tree of life) and for dessert they had lemon bars with a flattened marshmallow sticking out of it to look like the sail of a boat (Lehi and his family traveling to the promise land.)


One of my favorite members is Terri Joyce. She lives in an assisted living place and we visit her and read the Book of Mormon with her. She used to be in the Navy and so she loves talking about that. She is so kind and she gives very sweet hugs. 


We found some really great potential investigators this week. Cheyanne and Summer. We were trying to meet a different potential and we ended up finding them. they are young girls and they used to be big into going to church. we invited them to church and they said that they were interested. We will have to follow up with them. I love talking to younger people. they seem so more receptive to the spirit than adults. 


Sunday we had an unplanned lesson with one of our investigators. And it was great. Their next-door neighbors are members and they joined in on the lesson. We taught the plan of salvation with them and it was great. I love the challenges to teach different lessons when you haven't planned for them. 


Lisa and Gracie are still on track to get baptized this Saturday! I am so looking forward to it (**ewww I just smashed a spider with my mouse, gross**). Anyway, I love them so much. It has been so cool to see how they have changed these past few weeks. 


Cool thing this week. We started to see fireflies!! i have never seen them before so that was cool. They look like sparks of a fire floating up. they only light up for a split second, but it's cool to look down the street and see them flicker. 

There have been so many miracles. And I can't wait to see what comes next. 


My favorite scriptures right now:
 2 And, behold, and lo, this is an ensample unto all those who were ordained unto this priesthood, whose mission is appointed unto them to go forth—
 3 And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.
 4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.
 5 Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants.
 6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Union!

Sharing the gospel to ALL
For our spiritual thought we put together a puzzle of Jesus Christ. Thank you ensign!

The Hervey family at their Book of Mormon dinner party




No comments:

Post a Comment