Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 24



We got our transfer news and i will be staying in Champaign! Sister Edgel will be leaving me and going to Webster Groves. She will be companions with Sister Adams (one of my MTC companions). My new companion will be Sister Nordstrom. I have never met her before so it will be an adventure with a new companion. 

On Monday we had an incredible lesson with Minnie. She was so great. She told us how she is going to start a study pattern and get a study journal as she reads the Book of Mormon. I think she really understands how the Book of Mormon has helped her these past few months. We asked her if she would come to church and she said she would. She picked a date to come to church. I thought it was cute. Normally we only set dates with baptisms but she told us that she would try to come to church the second week of April. Fingers crossed! She also told us something that really touched me. She said that we were the only people of our race that have ever loved her. It is sad to see that there still is some racial discrepancies here, but I am glad to know that we have helped Minnie see that we love her no matter what. 


This week we have done a lot of walking. A Lot! We got news that we will have to make a trip to Springfield at the very end of the month and we wont be reimbursed for the miles that we spend. So we have to save about 200 miles so we can drive to Springfield. They will be putting black boxes in our cars. I guess these boxes will track our driving habits and monitor how well we drive. Hopefully we will adjust well. My feet hurt some days with all the walking. There was one day where we walked about 6 miles. I am sure that it will get easier the more I walk. 


We had to drop a lot of our investigators this week. I is so crazy to see how much of a roller coaster mission work is. Last week we picked up 5 and this week we dropped 4. Sometimes it is hard having to make such big changes like that but I know that Heavenly Father is in control. With having a missionary mind, I find myself wanting instant change from people we meet, but that is not how the world is. The world is slow to change and it takes time to help someone change to a different religion. Even our perspective of time is different. As a missionary. A week is a loooonnnggg time, but to the world it is not. I have to keep reminding myself that the people we meet look at the world a lot differently.


Cool moment. We tracted into a Jehovah Witness and we introduced ourselves and she was hesitant to take anything from us. Then Sister Edgel started talking about family history and she opened right up. We were able to give her a family history card. I don't know if we will ever see her again. But it was really cool to see how there are so many ways that we can reach out to everyone regardless of their religion. 


I am looking forward to this new transfer. Hopefully I will be able to see some positive changes in this area. I can't believe that I will celebrate my 6 month mark tomorrow. Yay! It has gone by so fast. I am 1/3 of the way through. I love you all! Thanks for your love. If you have sent any mail the past couple weeks it has probably been held at the office because transfers are so close. They like to hold onto the mail until all the changes have been made. So hopefully I will get any mail this week after District Meeting. 


Beautiful sunsets that fill the whole sky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment