Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 26

This week was good! We had Zone Conference. They asked me to play the piano. I stumbled through the songs but it was nice to be able to share my talents. At Zone conference our zone leaders had a great object lesson. They had us blindfold ourselves. The elders used their own ties and they had a bunch of extra for the sisters :). We were then led into the cultural hall. They had turned off the lights and they spun us around, then told us to find Christ. It was difficult. We were just wandering around in a dark room with table and chairs to get in the way. After a few minutes, someone whispered to me if I wanted to find Christ. I said yes and they asked me if I would be baptized. I said yes and he led me out of the room where a picture of Christ was. They congratulated us few missionaries who found Christ and they helped us to realize that the only way we were able to find Christ was through and invitation to be baptized. And now that we had foudn Christ ourselves they told us it was now our duty to help others find Christ. We were instructed to go back into the dark room and find someone and ask them if they would find Christ by being baptized. It was a neat object lesson. After we did this we turned on the lights and asked the remaining missionaries to take off their blindfolds. Some were sad that they didn't find Christ. This really hit me. in the next life there are going to be people who feel left out that they weren't able to get to Christ. They will be some who feel left out because no one came to them and helped them find Christ. I helped me understand the importance of reaching out to everyone in helping them get to Christ. And in order for us to help someone find Christ, we must have found Christ in our own lives. 


During the conference they put black boxes into our cars. Their true names are TiWi boxes (sounds a lot less intimidating than 'black box'). They told us that it will monitor our driving and tell us to slow down if we are speeding and warn us if we are being to aggressive in driving. It talks to us when we need to change. It is a little weird to get used to but it is neat. I think it will be a great way of preventing accidents and protecting missionaries from being careless. 


Conference was amazing!!! I loved every session. Some of my favorite talks was the one with the music analogy and Holland's talk. Those were so powerful. I am listening to Holland's talk right now :). Easter Sunday we had lunch with our ward mission leader's family and dinner with the Goodrich's. They are originally from West Jordan. It was a great day and I was so grateful to be able to have a memorable Easter. 


I know that Christ lives. I feel His love as I think of His wonderful victory over death and I am so grateful for His sacrifice. Because He lives we will all live again. Because He lives, my life has purpose. Because He lives, my future has hope and I can rely on Him to be by my side every step of the way. #BecauseHeLives

Our neighbors had an Easter Party. There were sooooo many shoes outside their door!
We felt like rebels as we wrote the Easter initiative on a chalkboard wall in the city
Thanks to my parents for the Easter package! I will have candy to last me a while!












No comments:

Post a Comment