Monday, December 29, 2014

Week Ten!

This week has been good. This week we went on Exchanges with the STL's. I stayed in my area while sister Gunter went to Fenton. I was with Sister Heaps and I was super nervous to be in charge of my area for a whole day. But it went well. There are always miracles that happen on exchanges. We were able to see one of our previous investigators that we hadn't seen in about a month. We dropped them because we couldn't meet with them enough. We went to knock on their door, when at the exact same time, Adam (our investigator) pulled up in his cop car to his driveway. At first I was nervous and then I remembered that he worked as a cop, haha. It was great that we got to see him after all this time. He says he is interested but we probably won't see him until after the holidays. Wednesday was Sister Gunter's birthday. She turned 20 years old! Crazy to think that I will be 21 in a month. :) Appointments have been falling through still so it is a constant struggle to get our hopes up and spend time preparing lessons when they cancel. We have still done good work though. It just never seems to show in our numbers. We were able to help Sister Lindaman who is a member. She had us clean her house because it is really hard on her health. She is the sweetest lady and she loves having us over. It feels good to help those who care about us. We also had a good lesson with one of our recent converts, Angela. When we first got to the area, she was having a hard time with coming to church. But this week she came! She gets really nervous in large crowds so she was struggling with her anxiety but she made it. I think this is the first time in months that she has come to church. Sundays are always great to be surrounded by those who accept you and who welcome you. I love being able to take the sacrament and focus my week on the Savior.

3 Nephi 15:9 - Jesus is the light of the world. If we look to him we will live. The world can be a dark place but Jesus will always light the way.

Love you all and I hope that you are able to enjoy this Christmas season. I challenge you to not only make it a memorable Christmas, but make it one of the best Christmas holidays for someone else. Joy comes as we bring joy to others.
 
This was the highlight of our week. Sister Gunter made a huge mess in the kitchen. As you can see, she spilled her noodles over the stove as well as the floor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment