Monday, December 29, 2014

Week Seven!!

This week has been good even though almost all of our appointments have fallen through. It seems like Satan is getting in the way of our most solid investigators. The holidays also make it hard to meet with them. But I am keeping them in my prayers and I know that we will be able to find some way to keep them moving forward in the gospel.

Some of you may know that on Wednesday there was a terrible accident. You could find more information online than I could give you but I will tell you what I know. Two Elders were heading to the transfer meeting on Wednesday and they were hit head-on by a truck. They both survived and by Sunday they were both checked out of the hospital. What miracles! The night they were in the crash, we prayed as a whole mission. I know that Heavenly Father watches over his missionaries and I know that they have healed quickly because of the prayers and generosity of the members.

I was touched by some things that the ward missionaries did in my ward. Sister Haefner called Sister Gunter and I to ask if we were doing ok. She reached out to us in love to comfort us. Sister Johnson called us to send a message to President Morgan. She wanted to offer her home as a place where the families of the missionaries involved in the accident could stay. She alone cares for her daughter who is paralyzed from the neck down, so for her to offer her home is a huge sacrifice. Both of them were great examples to me of the importance of charity and love. I love the members here. They take care of us and care for us.

Also you may be hearing about the events in Ferguson. I am living about an hour south of the city and so I am no where near all the protests and riots that are happening. the Mission President keeps us informed and always advises to stay far away from any of that activity for our protection. I don't think that I will see anything first hand, so know that I am safe. It's sad to hear all that is going on. That is the one thing that is nice about being a missionary. We don't watch TV and we are completely focused in the gospel. It is a blessing to be away from the awful things of the world.


In my studies I have been reading the Book of Mormon. I am in Alma 16 reading about Ammon. The more I read the more I love the scriptures. I know that they are the word of God and they are inspiring and uplifting. I hope to be able to finish the book by the end of the year. I have also started memorizing the Living Christ. I have about 2/3 of it memorized and it's starting to get hard! But it is great. It is strengthening my testimony of our loving Savior Jesus Christ and the wonderful blessing His life brings to us. The more I memorize this testimony of the apostles, the more it becomes my own testimony.

Love you all. Hope that you enjoy Thanksgiving!!!!!!! 
 

Momron 9:22 - For behold, thus said Jesus Christ, the Son of God, unto his disciples who should tarry, yea, and also to all his disciples, in the hearing of the multitude: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment