Monday, December 29, 2014

Week Nine- Miracles Come

This week everything has fallen through. Everything has cancelled and it is discouraging. Saturday came and I admit that I was not looking forward for another day of rejection and empty plans. But we did see a miracle after all of this frustration. We went to contact a potential investigator who lived in the dorms of Jefferson College. We found the apartment but the man we were looking for no longer lived there. But the girl who opened the door let us in to warm up a bit. Her name is Holly. We ended up teaching her and her friend, Tashina, the Restoration, gave them copies of the Book of Mormon, and invited them to be baptized. They both came to the ward Christmas party later that night, we gave them a tour of the building, and Holly came to church the next day. How amazing! All of this happened in less that 24 hours. It made me so happy and I couldn't believe how much different I felt. Miracles do come if you are just patient and keep moving forward.


This week We also got to have interviews with our mission president, President Morgan. He is a wonderful president and I am so glad that I got to talk to him. He helped me with not being so hard on myself. I think that all the weeks of rejection was getting me down and so it was so nice to have him bring me up.

I watched the Christmas Devotional last night and it was so nice to be able to sit and listen to the words of the apostles and the first presidency. I used to take for granted the quick access I used to have to listen to their words. I love hearing them talk because I know that they will never lead us astray or guide us to do the wrong thing. They are always uplifting.

I am excited to see what this next week will bring. I love you all. :) Merry Christmas
 
Some people have these creepy faces that they like to put on their trees. I don't understand them.

Buffalo!

My companion Sister Gunter

I had no idea why someone would want a 10 foot duck with a Santa hat in their front yard but ok

These are some of the crazy road we have to deal with. This one was quite the adventure

There is green grass and it's December. I don't understand Missouri weather.

This pine branch made our car smell like Christmas for a little while. :)   

 
Our small Christmas Tree, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment