Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 13

Well my trainer and I are staying together for another transfer. We are excited to see the miracles that will happen. This week has been good. But our numbers are probably that worst that we have ever had so far. Due to the holiday season, we have had to drop nearly all of our investigators except for 1. I hope that we will be able to pick them back up again but until then, we tract. Yes lots of tracting. We spent three days this week tracting. We went through 2 entire mobile home parks and filled up two pages in our planners of potential investigators. That's nearly 40 people who we could possibly teach. One such girl was Aimee. She let us into her home and we were able to teach her the restoration to her right there! It was amazing. She said that she wanted to be baptized but hasn't done so because none of the churches she has studies seems right. She was really interested in what we talked about and the spirit was definitely there during the lesson. I loved it. I really hope that we can continue meeting with her. It seems like whenever we get new investigators we can't get past the first two lessons before they disappear. I know that finding her was definitely a blessing. I know that Heavenly Father has shown us where to go and because of our diligence, we have been able to find a lot of people.
Sunday was great. The testimonies that were shared were great and we even went to a members house to break the fast. They invited a lot of members so it was great being able to spend more time with them after church. We met this one lady who I hope I never forget. Her name is Sister Lindsey and she is a new convert to the church. She is probably in her 50s or 60s. She gravitated to us missionaries like a lot of recent converts do and she told us her story. I don't think that I have ever met someone who genuinely cherishes the gospel as much as she does. It made me realize that those of us who grow up in the church take for granted the wonderful message that the gospel brings. I loved talking to her. And I hope one day that I will love the gospel as much as she does.
My New Years was great. We had dinner with a member but we went to bed long before the celebrations happened. As a missionary you learn to love your sleep no matter the holiday.
Happy New Year! Love you all.
D&C 50:24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
Keep learning and seeking for light. We don't have to know everything now. But God will help us grow and learn the more we seek after the light.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment